Afghan Evac has called on the United States government to honor its commitments to Afghan allies and stop sidelining thousands of Afghans still waiting for resettlement.
The advocacy organization said many Afghan partners of the United States remain stranded in Qatar, Pakistan, and other countries while facing growing uncertainty over their future.
In a statement published Tuesday on X, Afghan Evac said the individuals still awaiting relocation include people who fought alongside US forces, supported American intelligence and diplomatic missions, and helped save American lives during the war in Afghanistan.
The organization warned that “Afghan allies are once again being ignored” while reports indicate the United States may expand refugee admissions for white South Africans.
Afghan Evac urged the US Congress to support the inclusion of 5,000 Afghans under refugee admission programs.
The appeal comes amid reports that the administration of former President Donald Trump is considering accepting an additional 10,000 white South African refugees into the United States.
Earlier reports by American media outlets, citing sources familiar with the matter, said the United States was also considering transferring around 1,100 Afghan refugees — including nearly 400 children — from Camp As Sayliyah in Qatar to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Those refugees had been relocated to Qatar following the collapse of Kabul in 2021 and were awaiting visas and transfer to the United States.
After the reports emerged, more than 600 former American civilian and military officials signed an open letter urging the US secretary of state to cancel any proposed transfer of Afghan refugees to Congo.
Refugee rights advocates warn that continued uncertainty surrounding Afghan allies could seriously damage trust in Washington’s commitments during future international crises.



















