U.S. President Donald Trump said Monday evening that a planned American attack on Iran had been postponed for several days following requests from other countries and ongoing discussions with Tehran.
Speaking about the decision, Trump stated: “Other countries came to me and said we were preparing for a very big attack tomorrow. I delayed it for a while. Hopefully forever, but probably for a short time.”
He added that Washington has been engaged in “very big talks” with Iran and said the outcome of those discussions remains uncertain.
Trump’s remarks come amid escalating tensions between the United States, Iran, and Israel, as well as growing concerns over the possibility of a wider regional conflict.
Analysts say the statement reflects a dual strategy by Washington: maintaining military pressure while keeping diplomatic channels open.
Observers also note that Trump’s reference to pressure from other countries suggests growing international concern about the economic and security consequences of a direct military confrontation with Iran.
Experts warn that although the attack was delayed, the president’s comments indicate that military options remain under active consideration.
Regional tensions have intensified in recent weeks following disputes over Iran’s nuclear program, attacks on strategic infrastructure, and instability around the Strait of Hormuz.
Analysts say the temporary pause may represent a tactical delay rather than a lasting de-escalation, especially as negotiations between Tehran and Washington remain fragile.



















