The International Organization for Migration (IOM) says recent floods in Nangarhar province have affected around 2,000 families.
In a statement released Sunday, the organization said flash floods displaced numerous families and caused severe damage to livelihoods and income sources.
According to the IOM, humanitarian assistance operations are continuing in the provinces of Nangarhar, Laghman, and Kunar.
The organization added that floods in Sherzad district of Nangarhar caused particularly heavy destruction, with many families still in urgent need of assistance.
The IOM had previously warned that devastating floods across Afghanistan affected more than 70,000 people, destroyed homes, and disrupted access to essential services.
At the same time, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) stated that recent rainfall and flooding have further complicated Afghanistan’s humanitarian situation.
OCHA warned that despite increasing relief efforts, continuing disasters and logistical challenges are limiting the scale and reach of humanitarian assistance.
Experts say Afghanistan remains highly vulnerable to natural disasters due to weak infrastructure, climate change, and limited disaster management capacity.
In recent weeks, floods and severe rainfall across several provinces have left dozens dead or injured and caused extensive damage to homes, farmland, and public infrastructure.
Analysts warn that repeated climate-related disasters are increasingly contributing to displacement, food insecurity, and long-term humanitarian strain in Afghanistan, particularly in already vulnerable rural communities.



















